[Olsr-users] ignore whether interface is wireless

Lars Kruse (spam-protected)
Wed May 3 02:11:04 CEST 2017

Hello Lonnie,

Am Tue, 2 May 2017 14:31:27 -0700
schrieb Lonnie Nunweiler <(spam-protected)>:

> I have modified check_wireless_interface to simply return zero, which marks
> the wireless as not wireless.

according to "man olsrd.conf", the difference between the two "Mode" settings
(ether/mesh) is only the handling of packet forwarding. I am not sure, if this
is what you are looking for.

In your first post you mentioned that you did set LinkQualityLevel to zero. This
should indeed (according to the above manpage) select the hop-count-based
routing scheme, that you are interested in. You said, that it did not work,
without further explanation.
Did you also configure the neighbour with the same LinkQualityLevel?
Did you check if both peers are sending their hello messages? (e.g. via tcpdump)
Did you take a look at the output of one of the status plugings? (txtinfo or
httpinfo)

Cheers,
Lars