[Olsr-users] OLSRd2: increase metric for VPN links

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 17 20:28:20 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the setup i'm testing, each node has a VPN which I'd like to use for
> management and redundancy purposes.
>
> In some cases, I don't still understand why, olsrd2 chooses the VPN link
> over a direct wireless link.
> After stopping the vpn and restarting olsrd2 several times this disappears.
> Probably I should be more patient for OLSRd2 to converge automatically, but
> since I need to try many different configurations in a short time I would
> like to tell olsrd2 to add a penalty on the metrics of VPN links like we
> normally do in ninux with olsrd1.
> This way olsrd2 should choose the VPN link only as last resort.

If you run the nl80211_listener plugin this should happen nearly
automatically, because the DAT metric considers links without
rx_bitrate VERY slow... which means you should see ( echo /nhdpinfo
link | nc 127.0.0.1 ) very high raw metric values for your VPN link.