[Olsr-users] OLSRd2: increase metric for VPN links

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 17 19:05:44 CET 2016

Hi,

in the setup i'm testing, each node has a VPN which I'd like to use for
management and redundancy purposes.

In some cases, I don't still understand why, olsrd2 chooses the VPN link
over a direct wireless link.
After stopping the vpn and restarting olsrd2 several times this disappears.
Probably I should be more patient for OLSRd2 to converge automatically,
but since I need to try many different configurations in a short time I
would like to tell olsrd2 toadd a penalty on the metrics of VPN
linkslike we normally do in ninux with olsrd1.
This way olsrd2 should choose the VPN link only as last resort.

How to do that?

Thanks
Federico