[Olsr-users] dlep: metric formation associations

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 10 16:12:11 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 4:08 PM, s-mtafel <(spam-protected)> wrote:

>> Which means that DLEP has to announce layer2 neighbor metrics based on
>> the MAC address of the router BEHIND the DLEP radio.
>>
>> In your illustration the "left" DLEP agent  has to announce neighbor
>> data for MAC aa:03.
>

> Ok, I understand. I guessed it should be that way but our previous
> conversations held me confused. Maybe I should have added an illu thenwhen.
> Makes sense.
>
> Further, the default settings of your dlep_radio confused me: those do take
> the mac of the neighboring radio. Therefore I thought taking those were the
> way.

The defaults are a little bit "historic", because in the beginning I
had no dedicated place in the layer2 database for "nodes behind
neighbors"...

I think it might be a good thing to change the defaults of my DLEP
radio to "send proxied neighbors".