[Olsr-users] dlep: metric formation associations

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 10 15:59:43 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM, s-mtafel <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have already forwarded questions as to the metric formation process. I
> understand it mostly. I need to be abble to manipulate olsrdmetrics from my
> own implemneted dlep_modem.

okay.

> There remains one trait of the dlep_modem, nhdp and olsrv2 interplay I
> cannot figure out on myself. I have an abstract, non representative illu
> attached to simplify the discussion.
> In the picture you can see my understanding based on what I see of
> associations when I analyse the layer2info, nhdp and olsrv2 plugins
> information on one of the olsrd router instances in a dlep based scenario.

There is one mistake in the picture... the NHDP link does not go from
the router to the other sides modem, it goes from router to router.

Which means that DLEP has to announce layer2 neighbor metrics based on
the MAC address of the router BEHIND the DLEP radio.

In your illustration the "left" DLEP agent  has to announce neighbor
data for MAC aa:03.

The MAC addresses of the radios are not used in DLEP at all.

Henning Rogge