[Olsr-users] dlep: metric formation associations

s-mtafel (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 10 15:50:12 CET 2016

Hello,

 I have already forwarded questions as to the metric formation process.
I understand it mostly. I need to be abble to manipulate olsrdmetrics
from my own implemneted dlep_modem.

 There remains one trait of the dlep_modem, nhdp and olsrv2 interplay I
cannot figure out on myself. I have an abstract, non representative illu
attached to simplify the discussion.

In the picture you can see my understanding based on what I see of
associations when I analyse the layer2info, nhdp and olsrv2 plugins
information on one of the olsrd router instances in a dlep based
scenario.

As far as I understand from your code, you are calculating the
dat_metric on the basis of a nhdp-link as show in the illu as NHDP_LINK.
It is a cohesion between two olsr-interfaces.

Good, in the illu. you can see a link-layer-neigh-association as well.
It seems to be the basis for link-qual-info-delivery from the dlep_modem
to the dlep_radio. I have implemented it that way for now. Everyting is
up.

It works, I can transmit payload smoothly. The routes are transmitted
and up at both router instances. But the dlep functionality is missed
for time being. I cannot manipulate the metrics by delivering the
measured layer2info (mostly RX_speed) gathered by my dlep_modem based on
the link_l_neighbors signalling approach shown in the illu.

So, how does link-layer-neigbhors associated information integrate with
the NHDP-Links which are used for the metric calculation? Even the macs
are different. Once the orig-iface-mac and the neighbor radio-mac are
paired. With NHPD-Links the macs of the neighbor olsrd-ifaces.

What am I missing?

Matthias