[Olsr-users] Flooding custom data in OLSRv2 networks

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 5 21:39:38 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Martin Garbe
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I now understand that this is a fundamental change between OLSRv1 and
> v2.

No, you do not.

> OLSRv2 is only used for distributing routing information.

OLSRv1 was the same until someone wrote the nameservice plugin...
which was (in my oppinion not really a good solution for the problem).

> All other
> data distribution has to be done by another sparated service. some kind
> of piggyback is not possible.

Like I said, you are wrong.

In theory OLSRv2 is even more flexible in how plugins can create new
message types AND modify existing messages.