[Olsr-users] Printing a List of One-Hop Neighbors/Starting Out With Plugins

James K (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 10 17:00:11 CEST 2016

Hello All,

I apologize if this is a trivial question, but after reading all the
tutorials I could find several times, I am still at a loss.  I am trying to
write a simple program or plugin that will print a list of one-hop olsrd
neighbors (so I can save it to a text file or pipe it to another program).
Are plugins the correct way to do this or is there a simpler way?  Can
someone tell me how to set it up, or if that's too much, point me towards a
tutorial that will teach me what I need to know?

The only tutorials I could find:
http://www.olsr.org/?q=txtinfo_plugin <- Assumes plenty of prior knowledge.
This plugin seems like it might do what I want, but after investing a
significant amount of time trying to make it work, I am still clueless on
how to get it running with olsrd or, even if I could make it run, on how to
recompile it after modifying the source.
http://www.olsr.org/docs/olsrd-plugin-howto.html <-  A bit difficult for me
to follow...The example case doesn't give the source for the example (only
has broken links to the source, and the github doesn't have the source file
it talks about...I think it might also be extremely out of date based on
the "2004" at the bottom of the page!)

I sincerely apologize for asking such basic questions on this list, but I'm
at a complete loss on how to get started with OLSR plugins (if plugins are
even the correct answer to this problem).

Thanks in advance for your help and patience!
-James