[Olsr-users] olsr + IPv6 + multiple gateways/prefixes

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 7 07:30:37 CEST 2015

Hi Martin,

BRDP was a research idea, it did not make it a fews steps further than simulation. Maybe reusing RA was a bad idea. Or suggested too early.

The SGW plugin could work for IPv6, I never tested.

IETF works quite hard to have better support for IPv6 and multi-homing. Homenet, MIF and 6MAN have proposals. The idea is that source address is being used for egress routing, very similar to BRDP. For routing, mechanisms are proposed for source address dependent routing. In fact, Henning implemented it on olsrv2. We did same bug fixing during last meeting. But elements of auto configuration are missing. There is some stuff for homenet around, the idea is that this could be reused for manet's.

Teco