[Olsr-users] Looking for simple OLSRd2 config

Bernd Naumann (spam-protected)
Tue May 12 18:12:26 CEST 2015

On 05/11/2015 08:17 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Ufo <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Last night at the cryptocon i was looking with bernd across his
>> test-devices (3xtplink 841).. very cryptic for me too :-(
>>
>> Could you please provide us a SIMPLE config for openwrt?
>> bernd has single-band-devices and doesnt have to take care about
>> ip-ranges! so we could use YOUR testsetup-configuration too??
>>
>> that whole openwrt compiling procedure seemed to be ok, so we now would
>> need two files for each device:
>>
>> * /etc/config/network
>> * /etc/config/olsrv2
>
> If you only have a single interface, you don't need any special
> "network" config or "loopback" config... just use what you have.
> Putting an IP on the loopback is only useful for multi-interface
> nodes.
>
> for /etc/config/olsrv2 you could try something like this, but in
> theory you could run just with the "config interface" lines:
>
> config global
>         option 'pidfile'        '/var/run/olsrd2.pid'
>         option 'lockfile'       '/var/lock/olsrd2'
>
> config log
>         option 'syslog'         'true'
>         option 'stderr'         'true'
>
> config interface
>         option 'ifname' '<your UCI interface>'
>

> Henning

Hi Henning,

If I follow your minimal config, then olsr2 only 'works' (I see routes
via 'olsrv2info route' and 'ip route') if I add an ip-address to the
wlan0 interface via `ip a a .... dev wlan0` and it is not working if I
add an address to the loopback interface.

Is it nessesary to setup 'config domain' and a routing table in the
olsrd2 config, or comes the daemon with sane defaults?

Is it a problem to apply addresses to the wireless interface instead of
to the loopback?

--
Bernd Naumann <(spam-protected)>

PGP:   0xA150A04F via pool.sks-keyservers.net
XMPP:  (spam-protected)