[Olsr-users] Looking for simple OLSRd2 config

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue May 12 19:41:44 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Bernd Naumann <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> If you only have a single interface, you don't need any special
>> "network" config or "loopback" config... just use what you have.
>> Putting an IP on the loopback is only useful for multi-interface
>> nodes.
>>
>> for /etc/config/olsrv2 you could try something like this, but in
>> theory you could run just with the "config interface" lines:
>>
>> config global
>>         option 'pidfile'        '/var/run/olsrd2.pid'
>>         option 'lockfile'       '/var/lock/olsrd2'
>>
>> config log
>>         option 'syslog'         'true'
>>         option 'stderr'         'true'
>>
>> config interface
>>         option 'ifname' '<your UCI interface>'
> If I follow your minimal config, then olsr2 only 'works' (I see routes
> via 'olsrv2info route' and 'ip route') if I add an ip-address to the
> wlan0 interface via `ip a a .... dev wlan0` and it is not working if I
> add an address to the loopback interface.

If you use the configuration above, olsrd2 will not check the loopback
because its not in the config. If you want to use the loopback for
IPs, you have to add a second UCI "interface section" (for the
loopback ^^).

> Is it nessesary to setup 'config domain' and a routing table in the
> olsrd2 config, or comes the daemon with sane defaults?

No, defaults should be sane.

> Is it a problem to apply addresses to the wireless interface instead of
> to the loopback?

If you have only a single mesh interface there is no problem at all. I
just prefer the loopback solution with two or more mesh interfaces.