[Olsr-users] Looking for simple OLSRd2 config

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon May 11 08:17:55 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Ufo <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Last night at the cryptocon i was looking with bernd across his
> test-devices (3xtplink 841).. very cryptic for me too :-(
>
> Could you please provide us a SIMPLE config for openwrt?
> bernd has single-band-devices and doesnt have to take care about
> ip-ranges! so we could use YOUR testsetup-configuration too??
>
> that whole openwrt compiling procedure seemed to be ok, so we now would
> need two files for each device:
>
> * /etc/config/network
> * /etc/config/olsrv2

If you only have a single interface, you don't need any special
"network" config or "loopback" config... just use what you have.
Putting an IP on the loopback is only useful for multi-interface
nodes.

for /etc/config/olsrv2 you could try something like this, but in
theory you could run just with the "config interface" lines:

config global
        option 'pidfile'        '/var/run/olsrd2.pid'
        option 'lockfile'       '/var/lock/olsrd2'

config log
        option 'syslog'         'true'
        option 'stderr'         'true'

config interface