[Olsr-users] Received message to big to be forwarded

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 17 15:00:47 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Jernej Kos <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Probably because they are generated by a node that has a larger MTU when
> they are distributed into smaller messages. But the problem occurs when
> such messages are received by other nodes with smaller MTUs on some
> interfaces and they can't just forward the messages.
exactly

> They would need to do some splitting of their own, but if I understand
> this correctly, only the originator splits the messages? Or can
> forwarders also split messages?

Forwarders can only split packets, but not messages.

I assume you are using an IPv6 network? One with a dense neighborhood,
lots of interfaces of lots of HNA entries?

Henning Rogge