[Olsr-users] Received message to big to be forwarded

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 17 14:49:00 CEST 2015

Hello!

Probably because they are generated by a node that has a larger MTU when
they are distributed into smaller messages. But the problem occurs when
such messages are received by other nodes with smaller MTUs on some
interfaces and they can't just forward the messages.

They would need to do some splitting of their own, but if I understand
this correctly, only the originator splits the messages? Or can
forwarders also split messages?

We are not using any extensions on top of olsrd signalling if that's
what you are asking.

Jernej