[Olsr-users] Multi-hop Pinging

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 3 09:31:27 CET 2014

Hi,

have you tried to run olsrd with minimal configuration?

(just set the interfaces olsrd should run on, nothing else)

Henning

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM, akshay mithyantha <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using TP Link 1043ND routers to create a mesh network for a project.
> For the network purposes I have considered 3 routers say R1, R2 and R3.
> The routers are kept on different floors such that topology R1 <--> R2
> <--> R3 is created.
> R1 can only ping R2,
> R2 can ping both R1 and R3 and
> R3 can ping only R2.

Good, that means IP connectivity works.

> When I try to ping R3 from R1, it can't ping.
> After running OLSRD and using traceroute from R1 to R3, I get the IP of
> the same router and I don't see any other routes. I have also enabled
> forwarding by using the following command:
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

olsrd sets this flag automatically during startup.

> In the same topology if I replace R1 by a laptop L, the laptop can ping R3
> via R2 which can be clearly seen when traceroute is used.
> So can anyone please help me with this problem?

Laptop also runs olsrd?

Okay, my guess would be the configuration is somehow wrong, lets have a
look. Just send your olsrd configuration file (not the UCI one) to the
list... in case of OpenWRT you will find it somewhere in /tmp.