[Olsr-users] Multi-hop Pinging

akshay mithyantha (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 10 14:31:33 CET 2014

Hello,
 Sorry for late reply.. Here is the olsrd configuration file..

OLSR.org routing daemon config file

#

# Lines starting with a # are discarded

#

# Debug level(0-9)

# If set to 0 the daemon runs in the background

DebugLevel      1

# IP version to use (4 or 6)

IpVersion       4

# FIBMetric ("flat", "correct", or "approx")

# Just use "flat", the others don't work very well

# FIBMetric "flat"

# Clear the screen each time the internal state changes

# ClearScreen     yes

# HNA IPv4 routes

# syntax: netaddr netmask

# Example Internet gateway:

# 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Hna4

{

# Internet gateway

#    0.0.0.0   0.0.0.0

# specific small networks reachable through this node

#    15.15.0.0 255.255.255.0

#    15.16.0.0 255.255.255.0

}

# HNA IPv6 routes

# syntax: netaddr prefix

# Example Internet gateway:

#Hna6

#{

# Internet gateway

#     ::              0

# specific small networks reachable through this node

#    fec0:2200:106:0:0:0:0:0 48

#}

# Specify the routing Table olsr uses

# currently only implemented in linux versions, (bsd planned)

# useful for policyrouting, to ensure that olsr can use

# the table a policy rule with priority 65536 is auto-installed

# by olsrd if an value < 253 ist specified!

# value defaults to 253 (main table)

# valid values are 1 .. 254

# (freifunkfirmware uses 111 for its policy routing)

#you may specify another table for the default route only

#if used no policy route will get auto-installed for this table,

#but the default route gets also inserted into table 254

#(the last table used in default linux policy routing)

#valid tables are the same as for RtTable

# Specify the proto tag to be used for routes olsr inserts into kernel

# currently only implemented for linux, defaults to 0 which gets replaced

# by an OS-specific default value under linux 3 (BOOT) gets used as default

# (for backward compatibility)

# valid values under linux are 1 .. 254

# 1 gets remapped by olsrd to 0 UNSPECIFIED (1 is reserved for ICMP
redirects)

# 2 KERNEL routes (not very wise to use)

# 3 BOOT (should in fact not be used by routing daemons)

# 4 STATIC

# 8 .. 15 various routing daemons (gated, zebra, bird, & co)

# RtProto 0

# For testing purposes it may be nice to use another port for olsrd

# for using another port than the IANA assigned one

# for a production network, there should be a good reason!!

# defaults to 698 (IANA assigned olsr-port)

# valid values are 698 or > 1000

# OlsrPort 698

# Should olsrd keep on running even if there are

# no interfaces available? This is a good idea

# for a PCMCIA/USB hotswap environment.

# "yes" OR "no"

# AllowNoInt    yes

# TOS(type of service) value for

# the IP header of control traffic.

# If not set it will default to 16

#TosValue       16

# The fixed willingness to use(0-7)

# If not set willingness will be calculated

# dynammically based on battery/power status

# Willingness           3

# Allow processes like the GUI front-end

# to connect to the daemon.

IpcConnect

{

     # Determines how many simultaneously

     # IPC connections that will be allowed

     # Setting this to 0 disables IPC

     # MaxConnections  0

     # By default only 127.0.0.1 is allowed

     # to connect. Here allowed hosts can

     # be added

# Host            127.0.0.1

     # Host            10.0.0.5

     # Specify entire net-ranges that are

     # allowed to connect

     # Net             192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

}

# Link quality level

# 0 = do not use link quality

# 1 = use link quality for MPR selection

# 2 = use link quality for MPR selection and routing

# Defaults to 2

#LinkQualityLevel       2

# Link quality algorithm (only for lq level 1 or 2)

# Defaults to "etx_ff", a etx variant developed at Freifunk

# LinkQualityAlgorithm    "etx_ff"

# Link quality aging factor

# Defaults to 0.05, smaller values mean larger LQ window size

# Link quality aging does only apply to lq level 1 and 2

# This parameter is not used for etx_ff

# LinkQualityAging 0.1

# Fisheye mechanism for TC messages 0=off, 1=on

# default is 1

LinkQualityFishEye      0

# Wether to use hysteresis or not

# Hysteresis adds more robustness to the

# link sensing but delays neighbor registration.

# Used by default. 'yes' or 'no'

# UseHysteresis no

# Hysteresis parameters

# Do not alter these unless you know

# what you are doing!

# Set to auto by default. Allowed

# values are floating point values

# in the interval 0,1

# THR_LOW must always be lower than

# THR_HIGH!!

#HystScaling    0.50

#HystThrHigh    0.80

#HystThrLow     0.30

# Polling rate in seconds(float).

# Default value 0.05 sec

# Pollrate      0.05

# Interval to poll network interfaces for configuration

# changes. Defaults to 2.5 seconds

# NicChgsPollInt  2.5

# TC redundancy

# Specifies how much neighbor info should

# be sent in TC messages

# Possible values are:

# 0 - only send MPR selectors

# 1 - send MPR selectors and MPRs

# 2 - send all neighbors

#

# defaults to 2

# TcRedundancy  2

#

# NatThreshold

#

# (currently this is only in the freifunk firmware)

# If the NAT-Endpoint (the preferred 0/0 HNA

# emitting node) is to be changed, the ETX value of the current 0/0 is

# compared to the new one. If the ETX difference is too small, the default

# route isn't changed. defaults to 1.0

# The configured route gets multiplied by the treshhold,

# before comparing which route is better

# NatThreshold  0.5

#

# MPR coverage

# Specifies how many MPRs a node should

# try select to reach every 2 hop neighbor

#

# Can be set to any integer >0

#

# MPR selection is broken at the moment, just keep 7

# MprCoverage   7

# Olsrd plugins to load

# This must be the absolute path to the file

# or the loader will use the following scheme:

# - Try the paths in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

#   environment variable.

# - The list of libraries cached in /etc/ld.so.cache

# - /lib, followed by /usr/lib

#

# the examples in this list are for linux, so check if the plugin is

# available if you use windows/BSD.

# LoadPlugin "olsrd_httpinfo.dll"

#LoadPlugin "olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1"

#{

    # port number the httpinfo plugin will be listening, default 1978

#   PlParam     "port"   "8000"

    # ip address that can access the plugin, use "0.0.0.0"

    # to allow everyone

#    PlParam     "Host"   "127.0.0.1"

#   PlParam     "Host"   "80.23.53.22"

    # networks that can access the plugin (ip/netmask)

    # careful with 0.0.0.0/0, makes (ddos) attacks poss.

#   PlParam     "Net"    "0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0"

#    PlParam     "Net"    "104.0.0.0 255.255.0.0"

#    PlParam     "Net"    "192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0"

#}

# LoadPlugin "olsrd_txtinfo.dll"

#LoadPlugin "olsrd_txtinfo.so.0.1"

#{

    # port number the txtinfo plugin will be listening, default 2006

#   PlParam     "port"   "81"

    # ip address that can access the plugin, use "0.0.0.0"

    # to allow everyone

#    PlParam     "Accept"   "127.0.0.1"

#}

#LoadPlugin "olsrd_secure.so.0.3"

#{

# define source of keyfile for secure plugin

    # see lib/secure/README_SECURE for more information

#   PlParam     "Keyfile"   "/etc/olsr-keyfile.txt"

#}

#LoadPlugin "olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.4"

#{

    # Here parameters are set to be sent to the

    # plugin. Theese are on the form "key" "value".

    # Parameters ofcause, differs from plugin to plugin.

    # Consult the documentation of your plugin for details.

    # Example: dyn_gw params

    # how often to check for Internet connectivity

    # defaults to 5 secs

#   PlParam     "Interval"   "40"

    # if one or more IPv4 addresses are given, do a ping on these in

# descending order to validate that there is not only an entry in

    # routing table, but also a real internet connection. If any of

    # these addresses could be pinged successfully, the test was

    # succesful, i.e. if the ping on the 1st address was successful,the

    # 2nd won't be pinged

#   PlParam     "Ping"       "141.1.1.1"

#   PlParam     "Ping"       "194.25.2.129"

#}

# olsrd_dyn_gw_plain.so.0.4

# {

# }

# Interfaces and their rules

# Omitted options will be set to the

# default values.

# multiple interfaces can be speicified

Interface "wlan0"

{

# Interface Mode is used to prevent unnecessary

    # packet forwarding on switched ethernet interfaces

    # valid Modes are "mesh" and "ether"

    # The default value is mesh!

    # Mode "mesh"

    # IPv4 broadcast address to use. The

    # one usefull example would be 255.255.255.255

    # If not defined the broadcastaddress

    # every card is configured with is used

    # The second useful value would be to

    # specify the peer adress of an ptp-tunnel.

    # another name of this parameter is "IPv4Multicast"

    # Ip4Broadcast      0.0.0.0  (use interface broadcast)

    # IPv6 multicast address

    # If not defined, FF02::1 is used

# IPv6Multicast     FF02::1

                # IPv4 src address

    # If not defined (0.0.0.0), the interface IP is used

                # IPv4Src 0.0.0.0

                # IPv6 src prefix.

                # If not defined (::/0), a not-linklocal interface IP is
used

                # IPv6Src ::/0

    # Emission intervals.

    # If not defined, RFC proposed values will

    # be used in most cases.

    # Hello interval in seconds(float)

# HelloInterval    2.0

    # HELLO validity time

    # HelloValidityTime 20.0

    # TC interval in seconds(float)

    # TcInterval        5.0

    # TC validity time

    # TcValidityTime    300.0

    # MID interval in seconds(float)

    # MidInterval       5.0

    # MID validity time

    # MidValidityTime   300.0

    # HNA interval in seconds(float)

    # HnaInterval       5.0

# HNA validity time

    # HnaValidityTime   300.0

    # When multiple links exist between hosts

    # the weight of interface is used to determine

    # the link to use. Normally the weight is

    # automatically calculated by olsrd based

    # on the characteristics of the interface,

    # but here you can specify a fixed value.

    # Olsrd will choose links with the lowest value.

    # Note:

    # Interface weight is used only when LinkQualityLevel is set to 0.

    # For any other value of LinkQualityLevel, the interface ETX

    # value is used instead.

    # Weight 0

# If a certain route should be preferred

    # or ignored by the mesh, the Link Quality

    # value of a node can be multiplied with a factor

    # entered here. In the example the route

    # using 192.168.0.1 would rather be ignored.

    # A multiplier of 0.5 will result in a small

    # (bad) LinkQuality value and a high (bad)

    # ETX value.

    # Note:

    # Link quality multiplier is used only when

    # LinkQualityLevel is > 0.

    # Example 1: LinkQualityMult 192.168.0.1 0.5

    # This multiplier applies to all other nodes

# Example 2: LinkQualityMult default 0.8

}

# another Interface (with different configs)

#Interface "eth1"

#{

    # IPv4 broadcast address to use.

    # One usefull example would be 255.255.255.255

    # If not defined the broadcastaddress of

    # every interface which has one configured gets used

    # The second useful value would be to

    # specify the peer adress of an ptp-tunnel

#    IPv4Multicast      192.168.255.255

    # Interface Mode is used to prevent unnecessary

    # packet forwardin on switched ethernet interfaces

    # valid Modes are "mesh" and "ether"

# The default value is mesh!

#    Mode "ether"

#}