[Olsr-users] Multi-hop Pinging

akshay mithyantha (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 2 16:16:02 CET 2014

Hello,
I am using TP Link 1043ND routers to create a mesh network for a project.
For the network purposes I have considered 3 routers say R1, R2 and R3.
The routers are kept on different floors such that topology R1 <--> R2 <-->
R3 is created.
R1 can only ping R2,
R2 can ping both R1 and R3 and
R3 can ping only R2.

When I try to ping R3 from R1, it can't ping.
After running OLSRD and using traceroute from R1 to R3, I get the IP of the
same router and I don't see any other routes. I have also enabled
forwarding by using the following command:
In the same topology if I replace R1 by a laptop L, the laptop can ping R3
via R2 which can be clearly seen when traceroute is used.
So can anyone please help me with this problem?