[Olsr-users] OLSR disconnets all routes when a interface will be added or removed

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 3 09:22:49 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Michael Rack
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> what is wrong with my OLSR client? I run a OLSR on a VPN-Server. I have
> the devices tap0 to tap28 this devices will be created dynamicly. I've
> setuped that interfaces in olsrd.conf.
>
> When a client connects to the Network, a interface tapX will be created
> and all routes gets flushed from OLSR. After 30 seconds all the routes
> went back.
> I see this behavior also when a client leaves the network and the
> interface gets removed.

Could you do a test to see if its really OLSR that removes all routes?

Kill the routing agent on the node with a "kill -9" so that the routes
stay online and then add the new interface. Do the routes stay or are
they removed? Is Olsrd "restarted" by something?