[Olsr-users] Olsr-users Digest, Vol 75, Issue 2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 10 07:33:04 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 09/09/2013 07:17 PM, Shyam B wrote:
> Ok, first lets*DISABLE OLSR,* just simple Ad-hoc mode

Good plan. :)

Always good to start testing the lower layers before moving to the upper
layers.

 > on two RPi's and
> try to PING each other over wlan0. I am _able_ to do this with RPi and a
> TP-Link OpenWRT based router in Ad-hoc mode _with OR without OLSR_.

Pinging direct neighbors is independent of running OLSR. So your first
tests should work fine without routing protocol.

> E.g. setup:
>
> (spam-protected) ~ $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet static
>      address 192.168.10.200
>      netmask 255.255.255.0
>      wireless-channel 10
>      wireless-essid irt-ah-inria
>      wireless-mode ad-hoc

Can you post the output of "ifconfig" and "iw wlan0 station dump" on
both the sender and the receiver of your ping?

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE