[Olsr-users] Routing-Problem | olsr.org - 0.6.0 | weight | etx_ff | mode ether

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 30 09:17:14 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Michel Blais <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> Use a rules to set a mark on udp port 698 and set priority for this
> mark with tc.
>
> I don't think it would really give result without a queue with max
> bandwith lower than the link can support to be sure the're no paquet
> lost on the link.

yes, this is the "simplest" general purpose approach to get some results.
(but as you have to know and limit your link speed to the lowest thinkable
thriupghput of the link, is a problem)

infact it depends on your interface/wifi driver,..
what approach for qos works "best".

e.g. for ethernet and some/many wireless drivers it is possible to write
qos rules, that priorize olsrd traffic without having to know (or limit)
the link speed.

but there are various approaches, all with some pros and cons

maybe we can/should create a wiki page about this