[Olsr-users] OLSR mesh with loop potential... having problems.

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 26 21:06:14 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM, John Clark <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Thanks all,
>
> I updated my olsrd to the 6.3 version that's on the download page.
> Compiled ok, and did an install and 'install_libs', which seems to have
> cured my problem with loading the plugins.

(you could have done an install_all)

> I used the default installed olsrd.conf, and only changed the interfaces
> list.

try to use a new olsrd.conf (i.e an absolutely empty one except the protcol
version ipv4 or ipv6 and the interface names)

this will use default settings for everything, and might cure your actual
problems,..

As a note, in the past, upon reflection, my 'meshes' have been either
> linear chains or trees, and there have bee no internal loops.

olsrd works on such topologies, as infact such topologies are what it is
meant to operate on.
(it definetely does not need the networks to be a tree,..)

> I'd hate to have to put in some sort of 'sensing code' to sense the
> connectivity on the various routes, and bring interfaces up, or shut them
> down, to force the mesh to be a tree or chain...

no need for that,..

Markus