[Olsr-users] OLSR mesh with loop potential... having problems.

John Clark (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 26 21:27:53 CEST 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 12:06 PM, Markus Kittenberger wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM, John Clark <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Thanks all,
>
> I updated my olsrd to the 6.3 version that's on the download page. Compiled ok, and did an install and 'install_libs', which seems to have cured my problem with loading the plugins.
> (you could have done an install_all)
>

> I used the default installed olsrd.conf, and only changed the interfaces list.
> try to use a new olsrd.conf (i.e an absolutely empty one except the protcol version ipv4 or ipv6 and the interface names)

I believe I'm using that conf, all I changed was the interface list.

I'll recheck that...

> this will use default settings for everything, and might cure your actual problems,..
>
> As a note, in the past, upon reflection, my 'meshes' have been either linear chains or trees, and there have bee no internal loops.
>
> olsrd works on such topologies, as infact such topologies are what it is meant to operate on.
> (it definetely does not need the networks to be a tree,..)

I've been working on this more, and will try to give more details as they come to me, but at the moment, I have the problem when the one link is removed, problems arise.

Thanks,
John Clark.