[Olsr-users] olsr position update plugin configuration

Bidur Devkota (spam-protected)
Mon Dec 3 17:29:03 CET 2012

Hi Teco and Ferry,
Thank you very much for your support.
Now I am able to send position updates to the neighboring nodes by updating
the positionFile contents  and enabling positionFilePeriod. I have attached
a pdf file where I have summed up (from beginners point of view, as I am )
installing and configuring olsr, txtinfo, httpinfo and pud plugin.

> I tried to provide random locations (programmatically) via the NMEA
> statements to UDP port 2240, But the updates were not seen until the olsrd
> is restarted.
> Make sure NMEA input is valid.

Yes the NMEA statements are valid. And the values in these statements are
taken by the PUD once I restart olsrd. But if I do not restart olsrd they
are not updated.

> Do you have an app, using the PUD position info?

I am trying to display (using python programming) the OLSR nodes in google
earth (and update the position on the fly). For that I am using the output
of txtinfo plugin and now trying to use pud to share the location
information among the nodes.

Thank You
Bidur