[Olsr-users] Differences between actual OLSRD and RFC3626

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 10 19:55:09 CET 2011

On Thursday 10 March 2011 19:44:59 f campos wrote:
> Hi
> there shall exist  some limitations:
>
> 1. in the code it shall be the maximum node;
We use linked lists and AVL trees in the OLSR.org codebase. The maximum node
number for our AVL trees would be ~2 billion, we use a signed integer to count
the elements. ;)

> 2. performance of link status transmission;
Network performance... can be countered (partly) by using slower timings or
more fish-eye...

> 3. perfomance of calculation of Djikstra on a 200mhz cpu;
Yeah... but Hannes Gredler wrote a very well behaving Dijkstra implementation,
so thats not the limit at the moment.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.