[Olsr-users] AVAHI on OLSRd

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 8 10:06:52 CEST 2011

> I loaded the plugin for mdns in all three machines PC1--PC2--PC3

Hello,

I'm sorry you cannot use the mDNS plugin with this topology.

In the readme:
http://goo.gl/rgcPV

go to line 29.

As you can see the mDNS plugin expects the OLSR routers to be the core
of the network and the end users with Avahi not speaking the OLSR
protocol.

The users are in a network announced by HNA from the OLSR router that
captures the mDNS traffic forward it to the other routers where other
users are present in the delegated HNA networks. This is the idea
behind the plugin, it is not for the avahi on the routers it self.

I suggest your read the README. If you still have doubt also this
document goes really into the details:
http://zioproto.ninux.org/download/publications/mdns-plugin-paper.pdf

feel free to write back on the mailing list if you have further questions :)

Saverio