[Olsr-users] About sending data on adhoc

Yanni (spam-protected)
Mon Aug 1 04:04:30 CEST 2011

Thanks for reply.So does that  mean I have to forward the data packets myself if I use UDP to transmit data between any two nodes?
 If so ,I have to get the route table in the kernel and,Operating system does nothing even if it has kernel route table?

 Yanni

  From:  "?rico Port"<(spam-protected)>;
 Date:  Mon, Aug 1, 2011 07:58 AM
 To:  "Henning"<(spam-protected)>;
 Cc:  "olsr-users"<(spam-protected)>; "Yanni"<(spam-protected)>;
 Subject:  Re: [Olsr-users] About sending data on adhoc

This means that all data sent in this OLSRd network will use the routes provided - unless you force otherwise.

?rico V. Porto

 On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Henning <(spam-protected)> wrote:

 On Saturday 30 July 2011 16:57:50 Yanni wrote:
> Hi,
> Maybe this is not all about olsrd,but it is really makes me
> confused.Olsrd only sends and receives Hellos and TCs,but not data
> packets,and it sets entries in the kernel route table.I wonder OS in the
> middle would transmit packets accordingly.Or else i have to make
> transmitting myself.
>
> So how should I send data packets?

Like you said, Olsrd use Hellos/TCs to calculate the topology of your mesh and
then setup routes in the local OS for the next hop. Which also runs OLSRd, so
it also has routes for the next hop...

Each node gets a complete routing table for each of the other nodes of the
mesh, in which it can find the next hop for them.

Thats all which is needed to transmit the data (hop by hop) towards the
target.

Henning Rogge