[Olsr-users] OLSR in Android...a good idea?

Mitar (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 16 22:45:04 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> If we can combine this with some (IPv6 based ?) stateless autoconfiguration,
> we could build a mesh for smartphones (and other devices) that can work out of
> the box without any kind of configuration.

We have been discussing this on Babel mailing list, as there is AHCP
for autoconfiguration in IPv6:

http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/ahcp/

So for IPv6 this seems a solved problem. The problem is that just
recent Android versions support IPv6 and we are currently trying to
find a workaround also for IPv4. But yes, with IPv6 the idea is to
make an completely automatic app. You just install it and turn it on
and it meshes.

Please read the concept on the wiki page Charles provided. There is
everything there. Only implementation is yet to be finished.

The app is planned also so that it can support multiple routing protocols.

Mitar