[Olsr-users] OLSR in Android...a good idea?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 16 22:53:17 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag 16 September 2010, 22:45:04 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>
wrote:
> > If we can combine this with some (IPv6 based ?) stateless
> > autoconfiguration, we could build a mesh for smartphones (and other
> > devices) that can work out of the box without any kind of configuration.
>
> We have been discussing this on Babel mailing list, as there is AHCP
> for autoconfiguration in IPv6:
I was thinking of using no autoconfig protocol at all.

Just use linklocal IPs based on the MAC for the interfaces and a ULA based on
the MAC as the node address. This way you instantly have a mesh of nodes
without any need for AHCP.

This should be a good sollution for smartphone based programms, especially
because we don't need public IPs for the nodes.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized