[Olsr-users] Where to start to build a WMN

kadir yüceer (spam-protected)
Sat Oct 23 11:58:40 CEST 2010

2010/10/23 Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>

>  On Saturday 23 October 2010 10:52:56 kadir yüceer wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
>
> > Thanks for the advice. I've read the book and I have created my network
>
> > design.
>
> > Only thing left is to clarify how I'm gonna develop OLSR daemon in
> windows
>
> > xp and windows mobile. In ReadMe file it says to create a project and
>
> > import all the source code.
>
> OLSRd (the software this mailing list is about) is made of a OS independent
> core and a bunch of small OS compatiblity stubs, which do the interact with
> the operation system. Just at the moment I have done some work to clean up
> this interface in the development branch to make it easier to write more OS
> adaptations of OLSRd.
>
> The "only" thing you have to do do adapt OLSRd to a new platform is to
> write an implementation for all the OS stubs (you will find their prototypes
> in the "src/os_...h" files in the development branch). It's mostly about
> setting up sockets, sending and receiving packets, querying the status of
> interfaces and setting and removing routes.
>
> It should be possible to do this on any platform you can
>
> a) run a C programm (OLSRd has been written in C)
>
> b) communicate through UDP sockets
>
> c) set and remove IP routes
>
> If c) is not there, it might be to create some userspace routing programm
> that does this job by hand, but it will have a poor performance I think.

Thank you for this really informing mail. Pardon my "query flood" but I'm
coming up with new questions by the time I'm growing my vision on olsrd.

Did I get this right? : There is an already developed API for C(with
connection and data exchange methods) and I can develop a mesh network
application on C easily, but first I have to implement the interface of
olsrd to make it communicate with and run on windows mobile.
Or are you saying that I have to implement them IF I wanna work on C# ?

Kadir
ps: I'm pushing the "windows mobile" thing because my application must
cooperate with a C# based app, it's my engineering project. I can program on
C, though.