[Olsr-users] Where to start to build a WMN

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sat Oct 23 11:14:11 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 10:52 AM, kadir yĆ¼ceer <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> Hi there,
> Thanks for the advice. I've read the book and I have created my network
> design.
> Only thing left is to clarify how I'm gonna develop OLSR daemon in windows
> xp and windows mobile. In ReadMe file it says to create a project and import
> all the source code.
>
> Is it the *.cs files that it is talking about? How and in which platform do
> I import them? How I'm gonna make use of this daemon? Is it gonna run in the
> background or with my application?

olsrd runs in background, updating the operating systems routing table,..
(it doesn`t need to interact with apps to get their traffic)

your application (and every other app on you device) just uses the
connectivity the operating system got by the routes generated by olsrd,..

BUT: porting olsrd to windows mobile will not be trivial, and it will never
have all olsrd functions (win32 does not either)
and olsrd (of olsr.org) is written in c not c#

afaik there are some old windows-mobile-olsrds around (limited funcionality,
closed source, ...), but i don`t know of anything really "useable" (but i
never really searched for)

p.s. it would be much easier to use olsrd if you replace winmobile with
android,..