[Olsr-users] Hello from Pirate Party Sweden

Russell Senior (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 29 08:41:49 CET 2010

Erik> I'm currently involved in a project that aims to send up a
Erik> baloon with a wifi router (openWRT) as high up in the atmosphere
Erik> as possible. The wifi-router will have a somewhat better antenna
Erik> to test how far connectivity can be achieved.

This isn't a complete new idea, fwiw.  I found this on our wiki from
circa 2002 (the prices are rather dated):

  http://wiki.personaltelco.net/action/recall/AntennasAndBalloons

But I don't think anybody here ever really tried it, and I am all for
empiricism, so ... good luck and report back! ;-)

--
Russell Senior, President
(spam-protected)