[Olsr-users] Hello from Pirate Party Sweden

Erik Lönroth (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 3 21:09:12 CET 2010

Hello and thanx for the fast reply!

This is off course true.

However, we hope that it would be possible to "download" the olsr from
the baloon via the "AD-HOC" network it will provide aswell.

We are looking for a solution that is very easy to deploy and share.

So, the sequence of event could be as such:

1. The baloon floats past.
2. A client-node (non-olrs) discovers an open wifi network, and connects to it.
3. Via a web-browser, the client, is directed to the "main page" of
the wireless router which presents a "download olrs-software".
4. The client-downloads and install the "olrs-software" (which needs
to be preconfigured etc.) Maybe some "options" are presented as to
make some easy setup...
5. The client is then a part of the mesh.
6. The baloon takes part in the network, but floats on....

Initially, we intend to just make this baloon stationary to test the
networking concept and also range of the antennas etc.

All in all, the cost of the project should be very low to allow others
to do similar things.... Possibly set up even more stationary nodes to
provide a back-bone of some sort.

We are not sure.... This is why we ask you experts for help here.

Kind regards
/Erik