[Olsr-users] more bandwidth needed?

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 25 14:01:32 CEST 2010

hmm please measure (and dump) the numbers of olsrd packets issued by
0.5.6-r8 vs 0.6.0?

doing a speed test and asuming all missing speed is consumed by olsrd is a
bit too simple approach imho,..

also test (e.g. with ping -R (to you internet gateway)) if the route does
not change doing your bandwidth tests

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Antonio Anselmi <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> It's a my impression or 0.6.0 has more chatter that 0.5.6-r8? (more
> bandwidth  needed?)
>
> I did some - simple indeed - download speed tests using speedtest.net

please do not use such services, for any values you want to compare with
something *GG

better make your own bandwidth (and latency) tests to your gateway node, and
NOT to some destination somewhere in the internet,..

> from the same node 1 hop far from the same gateway,
> During the tests the network topology is unchanged: same node
> locations, same olsrd configuration, same number of nodes and always
> the same single gateway node.

and are u sure the route to the gateway (even if it should only be one hop)
is also the same ?