[Olsr-users] Newbie Questions on OLSR Plugin Event & Scheduler

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 9 08:29:29 CEST 2010

On Thu June 3 2010 05:59:59 Mahtab Hossain wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I could run my localization algorithm as a plugin which
>  gives locations of the OLSR nodes for a given coordinate system. There
>  were some issues raised by me in the earlier email which got clarified.
>
> I could create a thread in a normal way for the plugin as well - for
> example, my localization algorithm runs in a thread.
If you can prevent it, do not use threads in your plugin. You will be not able
to access to internal data structures of OLSRd in a sane way from a different
thread.

> I wanted
>  the localization thread to be executed at every specified time interval.
>  I did it without registering with the olsrd scheduler. In the thread,
>  I just run my localization algorithm and sleep the remaining time
> interval after the execution.
You can do this easily  by setting a timer in the OLSRd scheduler.

> However, I would like to know about
>  the pcf_event function which I believe is executed whenever the topology
>  of the ad-hoc network is changed. Any directions?
Yes.

You will find the register/unregister function in main.c. the pcf_listeners
get three boolean variables: "changes_neighborhood", "changes_topology" and
"changes_hna". The names should be selfexplaining.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE