[Olsr-users] Android Developer Phone: Is It Necessary?

marc fawzi (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 19 22:05:38 CET 2010

Hi

Summarizing from my previous message to the list...

I'm trying to get two Android phones and a stationary wifi router (from list
of OLSR supported hardware) to form a mesh where the phones won't have any
cellular connectivity (only wifi) and the first of the two Android phones
will be in range of the stationary wifi router (in my balcony) and the
second Android phone, which will be used to make a phone call with TruPhone
(as recommended on this list) to my landline, will be outside the range of
the stationary wifi router but within the range of the first phone.

This will be the first proof of concept, to show that mesh-enabled mobile
VoIP phone calling is HERE and converse with investors and developers in the
telecom space to get them familiarized with the technology, its limitations,
and the opportunities ahead, with the ultimate vision (in e.g. 10 years) to
make telecom carriers optional in densely populated areas.

Right now I need to go and purchase those two Android phones.

I received an advise off list that I should get an unlocked Android
Developer 1 phone.

Is that necessary?  They currently go for $399 ea. and I believe it may be
the G1 but not sure.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Marc