[Olsr-users] G1 / Linksys WRT demo

marc fawzi (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 17 19:02:54 CET 2010

Thanks for this explanation. Now I understand there is some sophistication
to how a MANET is deployed, not just brute force. I'm sure TDM can be used

My goal is to eventually make the existing phone carriers optional (e.g. in
areas that don't have coverage thru MANET) because at $80-$100/mo for the
basic plan a lot of people would be willing to switch to MANET in no time
once the tech matures because MANET can potentially cost users $0.

Making money is not the motivator for a project like this. Saving people
from having to pay for using "air" is a great motivator! :)

Is there an introductory article or book that covers MANET general
principles? a la How Stuff Works?

Is there an introductory article or book that covers RF considerations in
the context of MANET network design (if a book, then one that dedicates at
least one chapter to RF considerations in MANET) and not just RF engineering
principles in general?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Marc