[Olsr-users] G1 / Linksys WRT demo

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 16 18:00:14 CET 2010

Hi!

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM, marc fawzi <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> What I'm not clear about is if the signal from the phone could be made more
> detectable to te WRT if the WRT is preceded by a 2-way signal booster (i.e.
> a "booster" for outgoing signal and an "amplifier" for incoming signal).

Amplifiers are not magical things. They can distort signal and they
also amplify noise together with the signal. And having a bigger area
with one node means having more multiple possible noise sources per
one node. Amplifying that does not really help. But riding of noise
does (like using reserved spectrum like GSM does, using directional
antenna, using MIMO-like techniques to cancel out electromagnetic
interference (or to enhance just signal)).

Mitar