[Olsr-users] G1 / Linksys WRT demo

marc fawzi (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 16 20:14:19 CET 2010

Hi Mitar,

There are many ways to enhance s/n in an amplifier circuit or DSP-based
amplification. It's not magic per se. A signal can be extracted from noise
through various techniques, including both real-time as well as
post-processing approaches. I agree that it is not magic, per se, but it's
been done in many different scenarios for many decades now, and I'm
interested in exploring what real-time approach might be suitable in the Ghz
range, including but not limited to MIMO based ones.

My question about the possibility of enhancing the signal (in both
directions) at the WRT nodes comes from my curiosity to see what can be done
as far as making the experimental OLSR network more practical and reliable
by extending the 2-way coverage area of the WRT nodes as much as current
technology allows.

Will report back as to what commercial amplifier/booster works once I have
gone thru the steps of getting olsrd working properly on G1 and WRT54GL
nodes, which I expect will generate more questions.

For now, take a look at this 2-way 802.11b amplifier:

http://www.danets.com/turbotenna/turbotenna%20009xt.php

Thanks,

Marc