[Olsr-users] Integration between dnsmasq and olsr (again?)

Mario Giammarco (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 4 11:23:02 CET 2010

2010/1/4 ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) <(spam-protected)>

> What you want to do is exactly a feature of the NameService Plugin.

>        if you want to make the names available via ordinary DNS
>        you can use dnsmasq to read the hosts file

>        This is especially usefull for infrastructure mesh networks that
>        can't afford to run olsrd on all the clients but wish to provide
>        DNS to them. This is solved by running dnsmasq and olsrd with
>        this setup on "edge" nodes that provide connectivity.

Reading the doc seems the feature I need but reading again you discover is
not: I do not need hosts file I need that dnsmasq can read the resolv.conf
file to give to its clients the ip of a internet DNS.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again!

Mario