[Olsr-users] Amateurs vs. professionals

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 2 23:06:35 CEST 2009

On Die, 2009-06-02 at 19:33 +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
[...]
> Amateurs should not be treated with more indulgence than professionals.
>
> Quite the opposite, actually -- a professional who works on Microsoft
> Windows has an excuse, « I was just doing what they paid me to do ».  An
> amateur has no such excuse.
*) **)
> Remember -- the Titanic was built by professionals, while Noah's ark was
> built by amateurs.

Hmm, the only thing left is to compress the two paragraphs into 3.5
lines to use it in a signature.

To continue on the more philosophic strive: That depends on the
definition of "amateur" and "professional".
IM(NS)HO the main (if not only) difference between these two is: The
"professional" gets money for her/his work, the "amateur" doesn't.
"Quality" (whatever that means) has consequently nothing to do with it.

For the *): An amateur has others - which won't work for a
"professional".

For the **): Does that imply - at least in some way - that
"professionals" are paid for their - ahemm - "incompetence"?
SCNR the last paragraph,
	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services