[Olsr-users] Current OLSR protocol

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 2 19:13:32 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag 02 Juni 2009 18:54:20 schrieb Juliusz Chroboczek:
> > I think one of the reasons for the OLSRv2 Drafts is the feedback from
> > real world mesh nets and problems with the first specification,
> > especially the lack of support for routing metrics,
>
> I've asked this question before, but I still haven't received an answer.
> What new mechanisms exist in OLSRv2 to solve the problem of desyn-
> chronisation of link-state databases in the presence of packet loss?
TC retransmission and link timeout, same as OLSRv1... OLSRv2 is NOT a new
protocol, it's an improvement on the old one in terms of complexity (no
MID/HNA messages), package format and specification, including handling of
linklayer metrics. You could run an OLSRv2 compatible routing daemon with
nearly the same code as the OLSRv1, except message handling and some
cornercases.
( I think I answered this question to you before )