[Olsr-users] Off Topic: Frequency select

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 25 17:40:00 CET 2009

On Sonntag 25 Januar 2009 17:32:31 Derek C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well - I just swapped from channel 6 to channel 1 based on the Wikipedia
> Meraki page that says that channel 6 is the most pre-programmed channel in
> consumer APs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meraki
>
> I saw an immediate improvement with one OLSRd node (<1mbit up to 4mbit)
> but I'd say I'll still have problems with interference.
Maybe Channel 1 stations outside your detection range, but inside the jamming
range (it's easier to disrupt traffic than to let the other guy decode your
data).

> It's a pity we can't change the channel bandwidth with the standard
> madwifi drivers - maybe these settings would help too.
I don't think you know what you are talking about.

> The other thing I found that brought the speed up was to change the
> distance setting from 12000 meters to 800 meters - I didn't think I'd see
> any difference in throughput based on this setting but I did.
Distance setting ???