[Olsr-users] Off Topic: Frequency select

Derek C (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 25 17:32:31 CET 2009

Hi,

Well - I just swapped from channel 6 to channel 1 based on the Wikipedia
Meraki page that says that channel 6 is the most pre-programmed channel in
consumer APs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meraki

I saw an immediate improvement with one OLSRd node (<1mbit up to 4mbit)
but I'd say I'll still have problems with interference.

It's a pity we can't change the channel bandwidth with the standard
madwifi drivers - maybe these settings would help too.

The other thing I found that brought the speed up was to change the
distance setting from 12000 meters to 800 meters - I didn't think I'd see
any difference in throughput based on this setting but I did.

Derek