[Olsr-users] AHCP

Derek C (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 25 03:00:22 CET 2009

Hi Robert,

I was wondering it is [easily] possible to make a standard firmware that,
once flashed, would start to work without having to modify any settings.

Currently I modify the IP address each and every time after I've flashed
openwrt on to the units.  It would be nice to be able to avoid this as its
work and a point where I'll botch it up :)

I would think you are right about not being able to make a unique IP based
on the MAC with IPV4 - even for a /8 network that would be only three
bytes and three bytes in a MAC are bound to duplicate.

thanks though!,

Derek

--
Derek C