[Olsr-users] OLSRd - can't understand routing

Derek C (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 18 23:03:05 CET 2009

Hi all again,

I've been investigating further and I see some weird routing stuff.

My setup is like this: -

  INTERNET

   NIC1 (Internet connection with NAT)
 UBUNTU SERVER
   NIC2 (5.0.0.1 with OLSRd)

 5GHZ-RADIO--------
  |     |         | (Transparent bridges - radio links - 1KM)
  |     |         |
  |     |         |
 ETH0  ETH0      ETH0
OLSRD1   OLSRD2   OLSRD3
 2.4GHZ   2.4GHZ   2.4GHZ
5.1.0.1  5.1.0.2   5.1.0.3

And those antennas pick up about 10 remote nodes (5.10.0.1 - 5.10.0.10)

The weird thing is this:

I have a remote node that is showing up in the main server as being
available at 5.1.0.1.  So I ssh in there and find that it thinks that node
is available via 5.1.0.3 (which it really is as that's where it is
geographically located).

I wonder why OLSRd, in the main Ubuntu server, thinks the remote node is
available via the wrong node?

It could be my transparent bridging but I wouldn't have thought so?

thanks for any advice!

Derek