[Olsr-users] UPDATE: OLSRd - can't understand routing

Derek C (spam-protected)
Thu Feb 19 00:47:22 CET 2009

Hi [yet] again.

I told a lie.. On more checking I see what's up - still weird...

I have three main OLSRd antennas all connected back to one main OLSRd
Internet gateway.  I use bridges to link them to the gateway server but
that shouldn't matter I guess.  Like this; -

GATEWAY OLSRd SERVER - 5.0.0.1
    |          |            |
    |          |            |
   ETH0       ETH0         ETH0
  5.1.0.1   5.1.0.2      5.1.0.3
  OLSRd1    OLSRd2       OLSRd3
  5.2.0.1   5.2.0.2      5.2.0.3
   ANT        ANT          ANT

Now - what's happening is that I have a remote OLSRd node out there - It's
nearest neighbor is 5.2.0.3.  You'd expect the gateway server to see if
via 5.1.0.3 *but* what's happening is that the route is: -

 5.0.0.1 --> 5.1.0.1/5.2.0.1 --> 5.2.0.3

this is because it turns out that the antenna on OLSRd1 (5.2.0.1) is also
able to talk to OLSRd3 (5.2.0.3) even though the [better faster] backhaul
(via ETH ports) is availabe.

I have "Weight 0" in the eth0 section of the oslrd.conf for the three
units so I though that that would do the job but apparently not.

Do you know how to stop this situation?

thanks,

Derek