[Olsr-users] memory leakage in 0.5.6-r7 (vs 0.5.6-r5) on OpenWrt

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 13 21:54:54 CET 2009

Am Sonntag 13 Dezember 2009 21:43:30 schrieb Russell Senior:

> Henning> I just pushed a 0.5.6 version with a fixed memory leak in the
> Henning> MID handling.  Can you please check if this version does not
> Henning> have your problem ?
>
> I added that commit as a patch to my local OpenWrt tree and so far so
> good.  Btw, my leaky OpenWrt version was -r7 plus a couple patches
> (not a completely vanilla -r7).
>
>   100-no_forwarding_override.patch
>   150-olsrd_quagga_backport.patch
Are these two patches OpenWRT specific ? If not I would like to see if we can
just include them into the OLSRd stable repository.

> Right now, on our network, I would have expected to see about 5 new 4k
> memory pages in the leaky version.  I've seen no growth since boot on
> the patched version.  I'm getting the patch into OpenWrt trunk pending
> a new release of olsrd.
Good ! I think we will move to a 0.5.6-r8 soon...