[Olsr-users] memory leakage in 0.5.6-r7 (vs 0.5.6-r5) on OpenWrt

Russell Senior (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 13 21:43:30 CET 2009

Henning> I just pushed a 0.5.6 version with a fixed memory leak in the
Henning> MID handling.  Can you please check if this version does not
Henning> have your problem ?

I added that commit as a patch to my local OpenWrt tree and so far so
good.  Btw, my leaky OpenWrt version was -r7 plus a couple patches
(not a completely vanilla -r7).

  100-no_forwarding_override.patch
  150-olsrd_quagga_backport.patch

Right now, on our network, I would have expected to see about 5 new 4k
memory pages in the leaky version.  I've seen no growth since boot on
the patched version.  I'm getting the patch into OpenWrt trunk pending
a new release of olsrd.

Thanks for your most prompt response!

--
Russell Senior, President