[Olsr-users] OLSR v0.5.6-r7 incompatible to v0.5.5 ??

Michael Rack (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 9 10:48:39 CET 2009

Am 08.12.2009 21:58, schrieb Henning Rogge:
> Is there a reason why you cannot use static routes in your enviroment ?

In my environment there are nodes that have two ways to reach the
CORE-Router (one direct DSL-Connection, and one Wireless-Connection for
backup reasons).

In case of DSL-Connection failure, OLSR change dynamicly to the
wireless-connection and updates all neighbours routing-informations.

> That's bad... I was thinking about suggesting just running OLSRd with ETX to
> see what result you get.

I've got a very good tipp from "Markus Kittenberg" to install v0.5.6-r7
on each machine and configure it to a another OLSR-Port and other
Routing-Table. So i'm able to test the code on my production-systems. If
you like to fix this problem?

> I don't think OLSRd is the right tool for you in an Ethernet enviroment. There
> should be much simpler protocolls for this.

Of course, OLSR is doing so much things that i don't need. But OLSR was
the best solution for me and was usable out of the box. OSPF should be
the best for me, but OSPF is to hard to understand for me. Perhaps
B.A.T.M.A.N will do the job.

Michael.