[Olsr-users] The bug in 0.5.6-r2 on olsr.org front page

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 19 22:23:11 CET 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Eric Malkowski wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I saw the post about a bug in 0.5.6-r2 on the front page of the
> www.olsr.org website.
> I looked at the users and devel mailing list archives and it's unclear
> to me what the problem is.
> The "bugs" link that goes to sourceforge on the front page appears to
> have really old stuff.
>
> I'm very curious what the nature of the bug in 0.5.6-r2 is.  Can
> someone
> kindly post a link to whatever mailing list entry or other medium
> describes the issue?

I guess folks are still resolving it and we promised to give one
person who wants to submit a paper about it or a similar situation a
bit time.
Roughly: the effect is that you could see under certain conditions
that TC packets were dropped and thus routing info would not be
available.
This was of course a bit unfortunate since 0.5.6-* was now declared
the -STABLE branch :))

I will let Henning speak about it when he feels it is right.

However, early adopters could already test the development branch
version of olsrd
     http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd/
and give us feedback! Does the error still occur or not?
Do we still have a different problem in the development branch ?

a.